Benefit Cookout a Huge Success!
Even in the face of tragedy, teamwork can lead to success, as was evident in the benefit cookout held for fallen Maricopa County Deputy Sheriff William Coleman on January 11, 2011 at the PLEA Garage Grill. The Deputies Law Enforcement Association, DLEA, asked for PLEA's assistance. PLEA provided the venue and facilitated the event, which raised over $25,000, all which will go directly to the family of Deputy Coleman.
This was truly a team effort and PLEA would like to acknowledge several key players who helped to make this event the success that it was:
- US Foodservice, who donated the majority of food for this benefit.
- The Phoenix Police Department Explorer Program, for providing Explorers to assist with various chores
- The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Explorer Program, for providing Explorers to assist with various chores.
- The Chandler Law Enforcement Association, CLEA, for their support in helping to staff the event.
- The Arizona Game & Fish Department for helping to staff the second shift event.
- Our local media outlets for their coverage and publicizing the event.
- The community for their show of support.
Here are some pictures from the event: