On Saturday, June 22, 2013, a benefit car show was held at Metrocenter from 5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. with all proceeds being donated to the families of fallen Phoenix Police Officer Daryl Raetz and Phoenix Firefighter Bradley Harper.
The event was hosted by the Scottsdale International Metrocenter Automobile Museum.
Participants included numerous individuals with their classic and/or custom cars, local car clubs, military vehicle collectors, police and fire vehicle collectors, and the Phoenix Police Department’s Special Assignments Unit. The Arizona Ghostbusters also were on hand with their Ecto AZ
In addition to the members of the public who came out to display their vehicles and others who came out just to enjoy the show, PLEA would like to personally extend our thanks and gratitude to the following individuals and groups for making this event a success:
- Al Tracy of the Arizona Automobile Hobbyist Council
- Bill Gilmore and Tommee Ranger of the Scottsdale International Metrocenter Automobile Museum
- The Martin Auto Museum
- The Arizona Military Vehicle Collectors Club
- Perry and Wanda Sartain who brought out the USS Arizona Replica
- The U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps Phoenix Division and Mykel F. Miller Battalion
- Dr. Baron Smith who brought out his 1969 Hughes OH6-A Cayuse nicknamed “Charlie Chopper”
- Matt Haynes and The Arizona Ghostbusters
- Color Kristin’s Car
- Phoenix Police Department Tactical Support Bureau Commander TJ Martin
- The Phoenix Police Department’s Special Assignments Unit’s S54 Squad
- “Fang” from the Arizona Rattlers
- Culver’s of Phoenix, AZ Metrocenter
- John D’Amato of Mister Softee AZ
Thanks to your efforts, over $5000 was raised.