On Wednesday March 23, 2010 PLEA attorneys represented PLEA member Officer Richard Chrisman at a Loudermill hearing at 620 W. Washington with Interim Assistant Chief Joe Yahner. City Management, along with PD management, was aware of the following issues prior to this termination decision:
- Court proceedings regarding the criminal allegations begin in June.
- Officer Chrisman would have completed 10 years of service with the PPD in one month.
- PSB did not have a completed administrative investigation to present to Chrisman to document the rule violation he was being terminated for.
- The State’s primary witness is currently part of an internal investigation regarding his veracity in a recent court proceeding.
- There are currently two PPD lieutenants who have been under investigation for over one year and on paid administrative leave for months regarding allegations of criminal/civil misconduct.
It appears that some get preferential treatment while others get hung out to dry.
PLEA will be holding a benefit/fundraiser BBQ at the PLEA office with proceeds to assist Officer Chrisman on Thursday April 7, 2011. Details will be forthcoming on times.