PLEA and Fire came to an agreement with the City on a 3 year MOU for 2016-2019 which includes FULL restoration of all concessions and the potential of a raise in the 3rd year. While we didn’t get everything we wanted, we believe this to be a fair contract as our number 1 priority was making YOUR paycheck whole on day 1. There will be NO unpaid holidays and in the first year alone, a topped out Officer has the potential to see an increase in their paycheck of over $3000 compared to the previous year. The PLEA Board voted unanimously to recommend to the membership a “DO PASS” or a “Yes” vote on the agreement. Voting will be next week starting Monday, May 2, 2016 at 7:30 AM until Friday, May 6th at 4:30 PM at the PLEA office.
We have also scheduled 6 informational meetings for next week as follows:
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016 10:00 AM and 3:00 PM
- Wednesday May 4, 2016 9:00 PM
- Thursday May 5, 2016 1000 AM and 9:00 PM
- Friday May 6th 10:00 AM
Here is a breakdown of percentages and what they amount to:
Year 1: 1.9%
- NO unpaid holidays: $1254
- FULL uniform allowance restored (was $500 for last two years, back to $1150): $650 increase
- Ability to sell 40 hours BV time in December: $1394
Year 2: 1.0%
- Restore City Deferred comp contribution
- Restore $6.00 per paycheck city PEHP contribution
Year 3: 1.3%
- Restore City Deferred Comp contribution
The agreement also preserves merit steps and longevity steps.
PLEA believes that this is a fair contract and keeps us as the highest compensated Officers in the State of Arizona.
CLICK HERE for a list of non-financial agreements including Patrol schedules, workout time, FMLA and Industrial Leave, PSB/Supervisor initiated investigations, DRB’s Use of Force Boards, and other important issues.